Nachricht
Autor
Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
Re: Oldtimers & Youngtimers in Serbia

#196 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Hi Andreas,

Yes, I too prefer the Cortina over the Taunus, Cortina has 'softer' lines all around. I didn't know that only 1300s were produced as 2-doors!

I managed to get it running, and it's an interesting story, I've never heard of a similar problem. After rebuilding the carburetor and put a new AC pump in, the car would start for two seconds but wouldn't run, and it was spewing fuel back through the carburetor intake. Naturally, I assumed that one valve is burnt, stuck, or broken, causing the lack of compression on one of the cylinders, which messed up the vacuum and returned fuel to the air filter. So I went to take the engine head off to get to the valves. First we removed the exhaust pipe connecting to the manifold, and I cranked it, to see what'll happen at the exhaust. What happened was that the car started right up! Upon reconnecting the exhaust, engine died. I drove it to an exhaust service (and it was VERY loud!), and the guys there found a dead rodent in the center muffler :lol: 15 minutes and 20 euros later, a new muffler was installed, and I was on my way :D

Bild

Andreas
Generaldirektor
Generaldirektor

#197 Beitrag von Andreas »

Hello,

yes, i´ve read that in a forum from the UK. The 2-Doors are also rare in Britain because of that. But i don´t how they handlet that in the export markets.

An a dead rodent is really a nasty surprise...

Best regards

Andreas

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker

#198 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

I'm back after a while, and I've kept busy :D

The Cortina turned out to be the worst car I've ever owned, constantly breaking down, overheating, parts were next to impossible to find, and those that are available are insanely expensive. For example, ignition lock died after 91000 kilometers - something that's unheard of on a German car. The new one costs around 300 pounds :shock: So I sold it to Czech Republic to an enthusiast, good luck!

I bought a new daily driver this summer, a 1992 Polo G40

Bild

And I have a new classic, searched 2 years for a decent example and I finally found one:

Bild

Bild

Bild

1976 Volvo 244DL, 2.1 liter engine with 100 horsepower. In very good shape, but it hasn't been driven since 1998, so I need to do the brakes, rebuild the carburetor etc.

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker

#199 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Just before New Year, I got a call about a car that's been sitting in a garage for over 10 years due to engine failure. The guy never managed to get it running, and didn't want to sell - he kept the car in a heated garage under a cover, and always used cotton gloves to touch the car. What he basically said was, "The price is firm, and the car is for sale tomorrow from 1 PM until dark". Long story short, I own a Porsche 944 S2 now :)

Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild
Bild

220v
Seniorchef
Seniorchef

#200 Beitrag von 220v »

Schöner Porsche in super Farbe :up: :D

Gruß Axel.

Michael

#201 Beitrag von Michael »

This is really a very nice car! Good luck and much success in getting the engine running (and finding original rims).

You will find parts for this Porsche much easier than for the Cortina, but probably not cheaper... :wink:
Viele Grüße - Michael

"Im Auto wird nicht gegessen!" Mein Vater, ca. 1972

Audi 200 5E (437.212), 03/82, Meteor-met.
Fiat 130 Coupé (130.BC), 01/76, Blau-met.
Lancia Beta (828.CB0), 04/78, Rosso York
Toyota MR2 (W3), 05/02, Schwarz

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker

#202 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

@220v thanks! I too really like the paint!

@Michael - unfortunately I'll need a new engine. There's damage to pistons and cylinders, and since they are aluminium and nikasil, repair is not possible. Parts are easy to find, but S2 3.0 engines are literally 5 times more expensive than regular 2.5 ones - around 4000 for the complete engine. I'm not too shaken by this since I bought it for less than what I sold the Cortina and there's plenty of room to invest, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it running this year since I have to start saving money for things that are not cars :lol: Anyway it's stored in a dry and warm garage, so it can wait a bit.

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker

#203 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

10 years ago my friend bought a Toyota Supra Mk3, drove it for three years, then parked it in storage. Although I was a broke college student at the time, I made him promise that I'll be the next owner of that car. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, he rang me and asked if our deal is still on.

I've come a long way from the posters on the wall to the backyard :D

Bild

Hacki 200
Seniorchef
Seniorchef

#204 Beitrag von Hacki 200 »

Good Morning to Serbia,

very impressive view into the backyard!
Ist must be very exciting to wake up every morning and to be able to enjoy this ... 8) :up:

Good luck and stay healthy

Maic
Audi 200 Avant 5T Heliosblau EZ´82 "Jahrhundertprojekt"
Audi 200 5T Alpinweiss EZ´80 "Papamobil"
Audi 200 5T Heliosblau EZ´83 ex-Schweiz
Audi 5000 turbo Gobi EZ´83 ex-US
Audi 4000 S quattro Alpinweiss EZ´84 ex-US
Audi Cabrio Mingblau Perleffekt EZ´97 "Mamamobil"
Audi quattro Amazonasblau EZ´83 ex-US
Diverse Audi A2 Kugeln für die Mamas
MB 350SE W116 Byzanzgold EZ´73
VW Passat Variant GT Syncro Lhasa EZ´87