Moderatoren: Gunther, 5E-Thomas

Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#106 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

To me it looked like someone packed the car to their liking.
Maybe it was once a 2.2 but the original engine was swapped to decrease fuel consumption and taxes, also the Volkswagen-like clutch pedal suggests that the car might have had an automatic transmission. Or it really was a 1.6 originally with all of the goodies transplanted from another car at some point.

Now, a nice story about a 1953 Plymouth Cambridge Wagon.

This is the earliest known picture of the car, dating around 1999-2000. Licence plates were returned in 1967, and the car has been sitting in this parking space ever since.

Bild

This is from 2005, and as you can see, the vandals really got a hold of the car. At that time, a friend went to see the car, since he is an oldtimer-enthusiast (also a former owner of my Typ43). Exactly when he got there, junkyard people came to tow the car away, and he, for no rational reason whatsoever, bought the car just so it doesn't get destroyed.

Bild

Since it was a completely unplanned purchase, he left the car sitting in his backyard for the next 7 years.

Bild

Earlier this year, he decided to get it running. Some parts he got new from USA, others he had manufactured or simply improvised, and some (brakes, for instance) came from this Plymouth (tow car looks familiar, doesn't it):

Bild

After months of hard work, this is the result:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

http://youtu.be/GvdwVzmrXMU

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#107 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Just arrived to a junkyard near Belgrade, a quite rare SAAB:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Car can be stripped for parts before it's destroyed, so if you know anyone who needs something, I'll be happy to help any way I can. Even though a car itself cannot be saved, it's a shame for all the parts to go to waste.

Bauplatzgangster
Vertriebsmanager
Vertriebsmanager
Wohnort: 85051 Ingolstadt / 90471 Nürnberg und sporadisch Kreis DEG REG

#108 Beitrag von Bauplatzgangster »

I´d like to have such a "BG"-number plate some day :mrgreen:

Quite nice photos/car. Go on with keeping us informed about new discoveries !

Regards,
BG = BauplatzGangster
Audi 80 2T EZ 06/82
Audi 80 GTE EZ 03/83
Audi 80 CD EZ 07/83
Audi 200 5E EZ 06/81
Audi 200 quattro EZ 11/85
Audi 100 CS quattro EZ 02/86
Audi 100 Avant turbo quattro EZ 01/87
Audi 100 turbo EZ 12/87
Audi 100 Avant 2.3 E quattro EZ 02/88
Audi 200 quattro Exklusiv EZ 08/88
Audi 90 quattro EZ 90
VW Golf II GTD EZ 05/86
MB 308 TSF Metz Feuerwehr EZ 04/81

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#109 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

I can send you the BG plate whenever you want. There is a bus to Ingolstadt and Nurnberg five times a week. You just meet it at a station, tip the driver and that's it, cheaper and faster than any post service :mrgreen:

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#110 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Happy New Year and merry Christmas everyone! All the best wishes and lots of kilometers in your 43's! :up:

Bild

Bild

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#111 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Yesterday a friend and I drove 580 kilometers south (1060 total) because I had a tip about a car for sale with great engine, excellent interior and intact bumpers, taillights etc, but not-so-good bodywork. Imagine the dissapointment when we got there after 7.5 hours of driving:

Bild

Bild

Bild

The car is a total wreck, inside and out. It was advertised as GL, but nothing was GL. Sticker in the trunk said WH engine, but in reality (and in paperwork) it was 2144 cc. It had no hydraulic clutch, no power steering, the interior was not GL, front bumper neither, it didn't have a tacho etc etc.

Anyway, I took some parts from it, amongst them a carburettor (since my Keihin can't be repaired). Can someone tell me if the carburettor from 2144 engine can be installed on 1921 cc one without major modifications?

Andreas
Generaldirektor
Generaldirektor

#112 Beitrag von Andreas »

Oh what a nice car...
No, i mean 1000km's for such a PoS? I thinks thats very frustrating, and i doesn't look very warm there either....
This used to be a `81 or `82 L/CL and the 1,9L originally has no hydraulic clutch.

Changing the Keihin to a Zenith 2B5 could work but you have to change the wirings, the throttle cable, the intake manifold, the air filter and the whole vacuum system.
Whats wrong with yours?

Andreas

turbaxel
VAG-Händler
VAG-Händler

#113 Beitrag von turbaxel »

Just some polish and it'll be as good (or even better) than new.
Believe me.
No serious!

What? No GL?
No Prob! We can put a badge on the trunk. See?

:lol:
Alles Gute,
turbaxel

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#114 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

@Andreas: Choke and second barell don't work. I wasn't able to find a repair kit anywhere, so mounting another carburettor seems like an only solution. I know it can be done for sure, except unlike everyone else in Serbia who install carburettors from Zastavas and Ladas to decrease fuel consumption, I want to put one that is adequate. So, intake manifolds aren't the same on 1921 and 2144? Well, I guess an adaptor plate is the simplest solution. As for the air filter, I have it, so no modifications are needed there.

Also, another question. Do seats from Typ 44 fit in Typ 43? My front seats are a mess (I was hoping to get them from this car, bummer). A while ago I got a pair in excellent condition from a pre-facelift Typ 43 but they can't fit into those rails on the floor because they are wider (?!).

@Turbaxel: Believe it or not, I don't have a GL badge :lol: However, I'm pretty sure there is a CD one laying around somewhere, I bet that'll bump the price some more! :mrgreen:

turbaxel
VAG-Händler
VAG-Händler

#115 Beitrag von turbaxel »

Hmmmm,

why don't you just take your old, NFL seat frames and put the new, excellent VFL foam and rest atop of them?

Maybe someone here can validate they're actually fitting?

Cheers,
turbaxel
Alles Gute,
turbaxel

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#116 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

CL diesel in Nevesinje, Bosna i Hercegovina:

Bild

Bild

turbaxel
VAG-Händler
VAG-Händler

#117 Beitrag von turbaxel »

This one looks decent*

*As fas as Images go ;)
Alles Gute,
turbaxel

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#118 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Two weeks ago there was an oldtimer meet in Belgrade, followed by very interesting lectures from the history of Serbian motorization. Here are some pictures (Renault 4 might be something that is rare in Germany, since it was manufactured in Alfa Romeo factory in Italy):

http://www.oldtajmeri.rs/arhiva/galerija/uia_2013/

turbaxel
VAG-Händler
VAG-Händler

#119 Beitrag von turbaxel »

Hi,

the R4 was a pretty comon car here, as well ;)

Quite the first flexible hatchback.

Nice images. The Citroen Sado Maso was once my dreamcar :)
Alles Gute,
turbaxel

Marc R.

#120 Beitrag von Marc R. »

Thanks for the pictures!
I think there were also some american Cars in Jugoslavija?
a lot of them have the old "YU" sticker, and a Mercedes also a "CH" Sticker :cool:

My father and grandfather were in YU in the sixties and some friends of them were in YU with 2 Chrysler Valiant :-)

in the seventies, my grandfather was again in Sarajevo, he rentet I think a Audi super 90.
I've to search the old pictures...

Antworten