Antworten
Nachricht
Autor
nsu481
Meister
Meister

#46 Beitrag von nsu481 »

Kaiser Soze hat geschrieben:Glad you like my pictures :up:

I didn't come across any interesting old cars for a while, so here are some Typ 43's currently in classifieds:

Aleksandrovac, 1300 euro:

Bild
What an interesting centre console. I would like to have that home-made arm rest! :mrgreen:
At least it seems to be more ergonomically designed than the original Audi one. :up:

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#47 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

I don't like the interior of that car at all (and the exterior isn't much better either), although it's evident that someone has invested some effort in customising it.

Turbaxel, thanks for the videos! :)

As I promised:

First I took it apart:

Bild

Then, sandpaper in decreasing granulations (P80 to P220):

Bild

Bild

Bild

After that, it was off to the painting. Friends from Oldtimer club are always willing to help:

Bild
(note the Fiat 124 Spider in garage)

Afterwards, it looked like this:

Bild

Putting the rear axle and suspension back:

Bild

Bild

Aluminium trim parts polished and fitted. Also, converted from 4.5V to 12V:

Bild

Bild

I still need to find the steering wheel, install horn, switches, the rest of electical instalation and maybe even a radio (plan is to use a moped battery (12v/9Ah) as a power source).

turbaxel
VAG-Händler
VAG-Händler

#48 Beitrag von turbaxel »

Cool.

A Moskvič speedster (with shortened windscreen) and Xenon head lamps.

;)

spf2000
Meister
Meister
#49 Beitrag von spf2000 »

I love the Moskwich!!!! :cool:
Very nice work!! :up:
Es grüßt: Sylvain
Bild
Audi 100 Limo rot ('83) WH - (Wartet auf Schweißarbeiten)
Bild
Bürstner City 430 ('82)

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#50 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

A sad thing just happened. Remember the Sunbeam 1300 from about a year ago? A friend that got it from me invested a lot of time and effort to bring it into a magnificent shape, and then a drunk driver anulled everything:

Bild

turbaxel
VAG-Händler
VAG-Händler

#51 Beitrag von turbaxel »

Sorry, but this happens all the time, all over the place. Everyone fears this day.

Back in the eighties, in college, a guy took an Alphasud (yeah, the ones that rusted right in the catalogue) and stripped it completely down. He sandblasted and zinkplated (brandnew technology) it, to eleminate any chance for rust.

After lots and lots of time and effort, he could finally enjoy it. For just one week. Then a drunk... ;)

I really, really hope your friend is ok, though ;)

Hopefully he gets enough money, hopefully the drunk is insured.

Take care,
turbaxel

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#52 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Alfasud :lol: I heard that the Germans said "When you browse the brochure, by the time you got to the last page the one on the cover has already rusted".
In Serbia, there is a quite big Alfa Romeo Club, and since the president is my friend, I often attend their meets. My favourite passtime at those events is to troll them by mentioning the quality of German cars (which Alfists utterly hate), it really pisses them off :lol:

Of course, life is the most important thing, cars come and go. Luckily the Sunbeam is RWD and has LPG reservoir behind the rear seat, all of which makes it's weight ratio excellent, so it did fairly good in this crash. If it was a Yugo, Punto, or something like that I beilive flipping would be inevitable.
My friend is OK, but his girlfriend has neck injury since Sunbeam has no headrests on front seats. Car insurance is obligatory in Serbia, and I certainly hope he will be able to squeeze every last penny from the drunk guy.

---------

Now for some good news, the Moskvich is, so to say, finished. Car fans know that the best steering wheel is the wooden steering wheel, and the best wooden steering wheel is Nardi, so (at least until the original one is found):

Bild

Inscription has to be in cyrilic, of course, with added Russian letter at the end :D

Also, Moskvich got its place in Novi Sad Car Show 2011, next to some other oldtimer cars and automobilia:

Bild

turbaxel
VAG-Händler
VAG-Händler

#53 Beitrag von turbaxel »

Well, there happend to be another statement around during those times.

"You can get it two tone colored, only. Brown and blue, brown and red..." ;)

Besides, those Alphisti nowadays have a much more persitant enemy at their troats. Fiats FWD ;)

Take care,
turbaxel

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#54 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Since Alfa Romeo in a way stopped existing in 1985, the 75 being the last true Alfa, Fiat is more of the saviour than the enemy, isn't it? ;)
And Alfisti, at least the younger generations, are very adaptive. Oldschool Alfisti couldn't imagine driving a diesel Alfa, but now drooling over JTD/JTDm is quite common. Cuore Sportivo seems to have become Cuore Tractore.

Not to be entirely offtopic, last year on an annual meet hosted by Automobilism Historians Society, the main theme were Alfa Romeos, as a way to honor 100 years of Alfa. There were some quite valuable and beautiful models from an Alfa Romeo Museum, and I hitched a ride in a friend's 1750 GT - that's when this picture was made:

Bild

And here is the link to the photo album from that event:

https://picasaweb.google.com/oldtajmeri.rs/4IzlozbaUIA

turbaxel
VAG-Händler
VAG-Händler

#55 Beitrag von turbaxel »

Very nice.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Btw.: Fiat even tried to copy Alfa, once. (Fiat Barchetta = original Alfa Spider).

Bild

I used to have one of those Barchettas ;)

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#56 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Bild

Diesel in CD trim, pretty rough condition. Owner said that engine has been rebuilt, and that he plans on fixing the bodywork next year. What will actually happen - we'll see.
Zuletzt geändert von Kaiser Soze am 18 Okt 2011, 01:06, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#57 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Something I stumbled upon yesterday:

Bild

As I was walking by I saw it through a hole in the fence, but there was no time to stop by and investigate. Hopefully I'll go back tomorrow or maybe even today and get more details. From here it looks like either a 100 with 200 bumper or (more likely, since there is no trim on the luggage compartment) 200 with pre-facelift 100 taillights.

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#58 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

1977 Audi 50, a parts car.

Bild

turbaxel
VAG-Händler
VAG-Händler

#59 Beitrag von turbaxel »

Ohhh, you`ve also had a white x-mas, didn`t you?

(Yeah, I love this "november grey". Depressing.) ;)
Alles Gute,
turbaxel

Kaiser Soze
Chef-Mechaniker
Chef-Mechaniker
#60 Beitrag von Kaiser Soze »

Not yet, our Christmas is on January 7th since ortodox churches (Serbia, Macedonia, Russia etc) use Julian calendar.

Ever since I got an Audi, snow doesn't concern me whatsoever. FWD + longitudinal 5-zyl engine equals lots of traction :)

Antworten